Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Boy Defined

Recently I've been reading through a book of poems and quotes about what little boys are made of.  I found this quote that made me laugh-it fits my boys perfectly.  It makes me think back to when Daddy O and I started talking about starting a family.  I remember saying that I couldn't imagine having anything other than a little girl.  Times and feelings have most certainly changed and I can't imagine life without these two munchkins.  The house is louder, messier, definitely busier and I marvel at the energy.  Where DOES it come from and how does it recharge so quickly?

Boy Defined:  Nature's answer to that false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Author Unknown

Here are some pictures from the past week that show the side effects of "perpetual motion".  We are now on our fifth pair of shoes and just this past week had to replace the back tire of Boy O's bike.  He had worn the tread completely down (the shoes and the tire). I wish I had pictures of Baby O climbing over the baby gate and us having to buy a special three foot metal one just to keep him in the room, but I didn't find it funny at the time and feel lucky he wasn't hurt. Sometimes I just nod my head from side to side and just have to accept and be thankful they are just very active boys.  The term 'all boy' has new meaning now.

                                                                   
 These are the old shoes compared with the new shoes.  Notice how it looks like a shark has taken a bite out of the back of the shoe.  In reality, it is being used as a secondary brake on the back wheel of the bike.  Speaking of the back wheel.....




While Daddy O was changing the tire, the boys were more interested in playing with them.






And of course, when you go to the store to get a new tire, how can you resist buying new handle grips?  They look like they taste mighty good.








On the road once again!


2 comments:

  1. Gosh, those 2 are just adorable! Boys are so fun! If you ever find out where they get their rechargeable battery from, let me know...I've been wondering that for awhile! How old are they? I dont see tickers or anything, but I know Megersa just had a birthday, so I was wondering about your fellas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You son is really something but I truly believe it. And now having 2 boys myself, baby O is going to copy everything big brother does. BTW, I think you are a true boy mama anyway. Can you imagine the money you are going to pay for tennis shoes in 10 years for 2 boys like that, lol?

    ReplyDelete