Monday, March 18, 2013

Belated Valentines

I had better get this one out before I start posting about Easter....

I love Valentine's Day.  I love making Valentines.  Mostly, I just love the excuse of having kids, and having them make help constructing the Valentines they bring to parties and school.  After the ordeal of spending 10 days in the hospital, I freely admit to making my kids Valentines. Feel free to judge, but it was incredibly therapeutic to sit up the night before and put on the finishing touches and think of nothing else but how cool they were.

The kids did help a little...they are making tire tracks from black paint and rolling them on the card.



Baby O was much better at larger pieces of paper and of course larger mess.


Here are the final products.  The vehicles and planes are actually erasers, and I just put a glob of rubber cement on the card, placed the erasers on that and waited overnight for them to dry.  Voila!






The finished product turned out well and it made me feel somewhat normal again.  So I deemed this a successful venture, killing two birds with one stone: Valentines? Check.  Mommy O feeling like a human being?  Check.

And a happy Valentines day it was being home with all my boys and the little miss.  Nothing was taken for granted that week, just being home and together was plenty.  And that's what it's really about now isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment