Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 1

Technically it is day 2 of our trip, but I'm the only one up and it's only 5 in the morning so this is a good time to give an update.  Everything has been on schedule so far-my Dad arrived without a hitch, the packers seemed to do a good job (I'll wait until we see how much made it in one piece), and the movers were done by 4 pm on Tuesday. 

 I was surprised at how well the boys did, mostly just good natured all day and no meltdowns.  We made good time yesterday and arrived in Boise, Idaho late in the afternoon. After a couple of minutes unpacking we ate a large dinner and hurried back for the most important part of the trip: swimming.





I am hoping that today goes just as well.  Happy travels!

4 comments:

  1. Please check your Dad's room daily to make sure that he doesn't leave anything in the motel. I forgot to tell you that for Day1. So much for pictures of the Grand Canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah were has time gone. I really need to catch up with you myself. Don't know what happened. Awesome you are trying to make the trip fun for the boys. Otherwise they will have horror of this road trip for the rest of their lives.
    Love, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks like you're all having lots of fun! You all deserve it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I should have mentioned that my Dad realized he had forgotten his camera three hours into our trip. Luckily we have great friends who picked it up for us. We are double checking every day now before we leave!

    Thanks for all the nice comments, more to come...

    ReplyDelete